2 January 2013

Time...

Here it comes, the inevitable new year lament about time, about getting older, about growing up and wasting time (Hell, I just spent 10 minutes of my day finding a picture to go with this post, I couldn't find a good one about time so I found a lovely one about dancing instead!)

I am fantastic a wasting time, procrastinating and perhaps also not making the most of the chances I am given. As a magpie my attentions are always off somewhere else, rarely on the serious jobs I need to do: Studying, working, reading, cleaning. But then, often I am snapped back to realisation that I am no longer young, no longer a recent graduate: but a full grown adult who hasn't reached many of the goals and potential I wanted for myself.

Time goes so quickly, corny as it is to say: I was so excited to set off for my 2 week Christmas holiday from work, and here I am back at my desk: so quickly it was over. I tried to get the most out of my break: seeing friends, family, dates, a bit of house cleaning: yet it was over in a blink of an eye.

Now I may not be able to slow down time but what I can (and should) do is make the best of the time I've been given: so my goal over all others in 2013, is to (sigh, this sounds so lame) to make each day count. Even if all I achieve in one day is to exercise and eat well: I know I have lost a little weight, gotten a little fitter, or applied for a new job: well then its not a wasted day. I was going to make some kind of journal to remind me of this, but actually and hopefully: doing it here, saying is for you guys: will help make it more real, more pressing for me to do.

Now I've already said I am about to start Crossfit and a Veterinary care course I've been umming and ahhing about both but as a wise author say here even if both turn out to be useless, or not for me, it wont be a waste because "if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something."

So in addition to new exercise and new education, I intend to each day try to eat well and do something towards a more rewarding career, and lastly owning my own home: so essentially, saving. So I'm looking at taking positive actions for Goals 12, 18, 22.

So, here we go 2013!!



XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment