50 Things to do Before you Die
1. Set foot on each of the seven continents. Once you’ve reached all seven you can truly call yourself a world traveler. This would be a fun goal to set yourself, But I'm not sure how much I actually want to go to Antarctica....
2. Cross a country on a bicycle.
3. Ride something bigger than a horse. This sounds lots of fun! I suppose camel or elephant would be the obvious choices, I Will try and think of some others tho....
4. Live like a local for a month. Done, I lived in Boston, USA for a whole year and got the hang of such cultural intricacies as Jimmys, the "T" and Steak Tips
5. Visit a “real” blues bar in Chicago. Yep, Having this one for my list
6. Learn another language.
7. Go heli-skiing. This is when you jump out of the helicopter onto the slopes; You could not pay me to do this! I am terrified of skiing, flying and all areas in between.
8. Travel India by train. I cant believe I left this one off my list! When I win the euro millions, first thing I'm doing is hopping on the Maharajas' Express.
9. Climb one of the world’s Seven Summits. After a swift search on google I found that these are: Kilimanjaro, Denali, Elbrus, Aconcagua, Carstenz Pyramid, Vinson and Everest. I haven't even heard of most of those! I've climbed Mt Snowdon twice, I think thats enough for me!
10. Dive with a whale shark. No No No, I fear all sharks, even the safe ones!
11. Participate in a Carnival parade in Brazil.
12. Dance Tango in Argentina.
13. Surf. It’s not about being a ripper but just catching waves. I was in the Bath University Surf Team, I can tick this one off!
14. SCUBA in the Great Barrier Reef.
15. Publish an article about your travels. Yes, I like this one, I shall steal it for my own
16. Volunteer abroad for a month. Also done, Boston again, I Interned studying dog behaviour but actually I wouldnt mind doing something a bit more exotic...maybe I will add this one on my list to do again.
17. Follow in the footsteps of your favorite travel book. Love this one! will first decide on my favourite travel book and then will add it to my list.
18. Take a bush plane ride into Africa’s interior.
19. Cross a glacier on foot.
20. Visit the source of one of the world’s great rivers. Great rivers, like the Nile, have humble beginnings.
21. Climb an active volcano.
22. Buy a boat and learn to sail. I doubt I'd ever have the disposable income to do this.
23. Follow your food from field to table. I have grown and eaten my own tomatoes, I think we can tick this one off the list.
24. Bathe in the Ganges.
25. Travel around the world.
26. Photograph an endangered species.
27. Participate in Burning Man
28. Spend 24 hours alone in the jungle. Ohh No! dont like the sound of that one bit! why would someone want to do that!
29. Learn how to make a national dish. What is the one and only thing that everyone has in common? Eating.
30. Teach English in a foreign country
31. Attend a music festival in another country. Bennicassim 2002-ish done!
32. Cross a country using only public transportation.
33. Spend the night in a storied/historic hotel.
34. Attend the Olympics.
35. Meet your favorite (living) writer. They’ve inspired you; now thank them for it.
36. Travel to Germany to experience Love Parade or one of the world’s other big festivals.
37. Partake in a Japanese Tea Ceremony. I would love to do this but not sure as a Gaijin I'd get to see the real thing, or indeed want to impose.
38. Join a caravan in the Sahara.
39. Go to Oktoberfest.
40. Stand at the North or South Pole. I have been to Iceland, I think thats as close as i'll get, and im fine with that.
41. Be in the stands when two rival South American club teams play each other in soccer. I would be happy never achieving this one!
42. Visit the birthplace of a cultural icon. Could be Che Guevara or Picasso or Levi Strauss or the guy who invented widgets; anyone you think is important. There is a picture of me somewhere in Facebook outside the birthplace of 'Lawrence of Arabia', good enough for me!
43. Find your version of “The Beach.” Why not find your own version of untouched paradise?
44. Enjoy a freshly rolled cigar in Cuba. Taste a hand rolled specialty close to its source.
45. Visit every capital city in Europe. The crowded continent is full of beautiful architecture and diverse cultures.
46. Watch an orchestral performance in Vienna.
47. Skydive Another one you couldn't pay me to do!
48. Bike the Pacific Coast Highway.
49. Shake hands with someone who has truly changed a country.
50. Participate in the world’s biggest water fight during Thailand’s New Year’s festivities (songkran)
I hope these have given you some food for thought!