15 January 2013

Paleo

Darlings,

Anyone aware of Crossfit will probably also know that the diet of choice to support training is Paleo, I wanted to get all I could from my crossfit experience so I'm on board!

I will, I hasten to add not be cutting out alcohol: I drink very rarely as it is, and have no intention of giving up my monthly cocktails :P I do intend to follow the rest of the guidelines through the week and relax them at weekends, as I would like this to be a way of life diet rather than one I do for a set amount of time:

Yes
Meat: poultry, seafood, red meats and eggs
Fruits and Fruit Juices
Nuts: Cashews, pecans, almonds, walnuts.
Oils: include coconut, sesame, and olive oil.
Vegetables
No
Legumes (Beans, Peas, Peanuts)
sugars
Dairy
Grains
Processed Foods
Most Starches: No corn products, no potatoes, no rice, no breads.


I have actually found it quite easy and enjoyable: basically I filled my cupboard and fridge full of Paleo friendly produce at the beginning of the month and just eat as and when I like, no measuring no restrictions. Lovely! I'm not tracking my weight religiously as before, I want this to be a lifestyle change rather than a fad: but I have lost 3 pounds since starting 2 weeks ago.

A couple of interested parties have asked what I eat in a day. So I did a little spreadsheet, its sort of an amalgamation of the 2 weeks, just to give you an idea. I tend to cook up big things -like a pot of chilli and that keeps me going for a few lunches, I recommend this highly it makes life easier in the mornings.


Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Exercise
Snack
Mon
Coffee (black)
2 sausages and roast parsnip
Apple
Scotch egg* with red cabbage + apple salad
Walk to work + Zumba
Banana pancakes
Tues
Glass of grapefruit juice and a scotch egg
Baked sweet potato topped with bacon
Banana
Chilli* with roast veggies
w2w+ Crossfit
Banana + some nuts
Wed
Muscle recovery shake (not paleo but I need it!) + banana smoothie
Chilli with roast veggies (leftovers from yesterday)
Curry – coconut milk, tinned tomatoes, curry spices, Chicken, veg
w2w
Cauliflower (raw) dipped in mayo
Thur
Coffee and banana
Chilli with roast veggies (leftovers again)
Apple
Tuna salad: tuna, apple, onion, mayo* and toasted pine nuts
w2w + Crossfit
avocado
Fri
Coffee and banana
Tuna salad
Coffee + banana
Roast aubergine, and butternut squash with bacon
w2w+zumba
Most likely a bottle of prosecco, knowing my Friday nights!

*Paleo friendly versions

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment