24 October 2011

Degrees of Distillation...

This doesn't have anything to do with my goals but I wanted to share this lovely link between some of my favourite things: Whisky and Bath :) and its also very much a game of 'six degrees of separation':

This Whisky 'Old Pulteney' has just been named 'World's Best Whisky' mmmm I might try and hunt me down some of this! anyway the name will sound familiar to Bathonians.
Its called Old Pulteney because the whisky is matured and bottled at the Pulteney distillery in Pulteneytown,  Wick.

Pulteneytown takes its name from Sir William Pulteney, eminent lawyer, MP and Scottish native. He invested in developments in Great Britain, including a new fishing town and harbour at the estuary of the River Wick AND also the Pulteney Bridge and Great Pulteney Street in Bath.

So ladies and Gents, now, when one is asked what does Whisky and Bath have in Common, you can tell them!


XXX

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried whiskey ever so I don't know how it tastes. But your article was really good. Keep writing more and thank You for the post. It was great.

    ReplyDelete