23 August 2011

Winner!

Now, 'win money at the races' was not actually a goal of mine but, this weekend I attended Bath Racecourse for their 200th Anniversary race night. As it was an anniversary I thought vintage attire would be appropriate so I went with a fab dress I bought on ebay, as its quite bold I hadn't had the courage to wear it out and about, but for a grand event like the races: perfect! Here I am:


Anyways after some Pimms and swanning about we all placed some bets and on a whim I put £2 on 'Red Currant' because I love redcurrants, even though she had terrible odds because the poor old mare had never won anything! Not put off by this damning review, sweet little Redcurrant went on to win the race by a mile! and I was the proud winner of £20! Happy Days!
x

2 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for both color and print, so I think this dress is a real winner. You look darling!

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely darling, darling! And winning £20 on the gee-gees? You're clearly a natural! I've never been to a racecourse, not least because I don't think I could restrain myself from yelling "Come on, Dover, move your bloomin' arse!"

    ReplyDelete